I am trying to save the actual position of 200 seekbars on one activity. I
think this means i have to save/restore the position of the seekbars and
the integer value of the seekbar before the activity was paused? i had read
the API and it made no reference to seekbars . I was not aware they were
widgets nor that i could store their positions and int value in shared
preferences or that shared preferences even existed. Thank you Fred for
that. What would be the correct way to accomplish the above TreKing?
Thank you both for your time and efforts

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:14:38 PM UTC-4, Keith Zettler wrote:

> How exactly can i save/restore this seekbar if user uses back button or
> activity is destyroyed?
> I have not been able to find a specific example anywhere
>

> public class MainActivity extends Activity  implements
> SeekBar.OnSeekBarChangeListener {
>
>     SeekBar seekBar;
>     SeekBar seekBar1;
>     TextView textView;
>     TextView textView1;
>     TextView textView2;
>     TextView textView3;
>
>     @Override
>     protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
>         super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
>         setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);
>
>         seekBar=(SeekBar)findViewById(R.id.seekbar);
>         seekBar1=(SeekBar)findViewById(R.id.seekBar1);
>         textView=(TextView)findViewById(R.id.textview);
>         textView1=(TextView)findViewById(R.id.textView1);
>         textView2=(TextView)findViewById(R.id.textView2);
>         textView3=(TextView)findViewById(R.id.textView3);
>

>         seekBar.setOnSeekBarChangeListener(this);
>
>     }
>
>     @Override
>     public void onProgressChanged(SeekBar seekBar, int progress,
>             boolean fromUser) {
>         //  Notify that the progress level has changed.
>
>         int A= (progress+250);
>         textView.setText("SeekBar now at the value of:"+progress);
>         textView1.setText("SeekBar now at the value of:"+A);
>

>     }
>
>     @Override
>     public void onStartTrackingTouch(SeekBar seekBar) {
>         // Notify that the user has started a touch gesture.
>         //textView.setText(textView.getText()+"\n"+"SeekBar Touch
> Started");
>
>     }
>
>     @Override
>     public void onStopTrackingTouch(SeekBar seekBar) {
>         // Notify that the user has finished a touch gesture.
>        // textView.setText(textView.getText()+"\n"+"SeekBar Touch
> Stopped");
> }
>

>     @Override
>     public boolean onCreateOptionsMenu(Menu menu) {
>         // Inflate the menu; this adds items to the action bar if it is
> present.
>         getMenuInflater().inflate(R.menu.main, menu);
>         return true;
>     }
>

> }

---