> .I've decided to move to iOS development, and the only way to convince me
> otherwise is to give me a decent, reliable way of dealing with fragmentation

There isn't any reliable way of dealing with fragmentation - devices and
platform bugs has to be workaround (if possible) or device marked as
unsupported, no silver bullet here. For games I'd say that best solution is
to use high level game engine (unity, project anarchy) since they already
incorporates tons of workarounds, uses really well tested features, and are
used in QA (both OEMs and google). If you are insisting on rolling your own
engine then you have to support it, and boy this is a pain in the ass.

--
Bart

---
"Android Developers" group.