On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Steve Gabrilowitz <steveg1...@gmail.com>wrote:

>   Way back when I started working on the "pro" features what I had planned
> to do was to have those folks who wanted to upgrade just buy the pro
> version normally, and I would give them a partial refund.  But now "pro" is
> almost ready for release and Google has taken away my ability to issue a
> partial refund

AFAIK, partial refunds was never something you could do. It was an option
in the Google Checkout interface, but it was not actually possible to do
it. It's all or nothing.

> , and even my ability to look up an order by name or e-mail (I HATE that,
> WHY did they do that?)

Maybe I haven't been updated to the latest and greatest Wallet experience,
but I can still do that ...

> What would be ideal would be if I could allow them to purchase the pro
> version from the play store at a discount if they do it via an in-app
> purchase from within the "lite" version.  Is such a thing possible?  If so,
> can I get a pointer or 2 on how to implement it or if not then any other
> ideas on how to accomplish my objective?

Sounds like you have to add the features to your "lite" version, locked
behind an in-app purchase. I don't think you can do what you want with two
different paid versions.

Side note: adding an in-app purchase to already paid app is probably not
going to fly well with most users. Good luck.

---
"Android Developers" group.