I've been fighting this one for a while and I'm seeing no joy, so
hopefully someone can help.

I have multiple apks; The first gets a data set from a server, The
others perform actions on the data.

At the moment the first APK get data from a server and exposes a
ContentProvider that the other apks can use to access the data (it
returns a MatrixCursor when data is queried because seems to be the only
way to handle cross APK non SQLiteDatabase originated data).

The problem is that the data set may contain byte arrays, and when you
put the byte array between processes in a MatrixCursor it comes out the
other end corrupted.

I ran a test which inserted a two byte array via the content provider,
then returned the same two byte array via the MatrixCursor, the result
was the client APK saw a 12 byte array which was filled with junk.

The dataset contains several rows (could be thousands), so creating a
file for each row and using streams will seriously degrade performance.
The other issue is that each row can contain multiple byte arrays which
makes using the _data & stream ContentProvider method even more unworkable.

So does anyone know how to get byte arrays between APKs via a cursor
without having to create lots of intermediate files?

Al.

--
======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,

subsidiaries.