I just did some digging around and your error code translates into the
following define constant:
*SQLITE_IOERR_FSTAT*<http://sqlite.org/c3ref/c_abort_rollback.html>

So basically it's an fstat error which according to this
thread<http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/reasons-for-SQLITE-IOERR-FSTAT-td66646.html>can
 happen when you try to access the database after it (or one of the
journal files) have been deleted.
Others<http://t3391.codeinpro.us/q/51502007e8432c04261a3ca8>also mention that
this error has to do with changing data while another
thread is trying to read it simultaneously. I guess the "write-ahead"
journaling of SQLite does not mix well with thread concurrency. In my
experience you should try to synchronize all concurrent read and write
access to your SQLite database yourself and not rely on the built-in
locking facilities (they never worked for me correctly).

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:22:34 PM UTC-5, Nathan wrote:

> I am investigating the cause of some handled exceptions:
> SQLiteDiskIOException disk I/O error (code 1802)
>
> I ran across this thread which implies that, due to a bug in Android's
> version of SQLite, I should be limiting SQlite Databases to 2GB.
>

> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-developers/Sqlitediskioexception/android-developers/eYNJrIgabxU/e7sKm9QCfN4J
>
> I am already restricting users to 4GB because I believe most SD Cards
> limit a single file to that size.
> Of course some power users are going to bug me about allowing them more
> for extFat. I have resisted because:
> A. I don't know how to automatically detect that.
> B. Users aren't sophisticated enough to know how their
>
> But now, it looks like I will have to limit them to 2 GB. Is that true?
>
> And, in fact, it does appear that some users have seen data disappear and
> reappear, and it could be tied to handled SQLiteDiskIOExceptions, and that
> could be tied to this bug.
>
> And does it differ by Android version?
>
> Nathan

---