Ahhh. Thanks for your response. The emulator's behavior makes a lot
more sense now. I'll try out what you suggest.

Is this in the documentation anywhere? I looked around and everything
I can find seems to say that video and audio are handled the same way.
Maybe I just missed it, but if not this sort of information would be
useful to have in an obvious place.