kolby wrote:
> Interestingly enough, whilke it might work when browsing to a web
> page, it doesn't when you deliver the content by calling "loadData" on
> the WebView object. It gives the error:
>
> 02-11 14:04:00.802: DEBUG/skia(7323): xxxxxxxxxxx jpeg error 53 Not a
> JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
> on the LogCat.

AFAIAC, never ever ever ever use loadData(). Always use
loadDataWithBaseURL(). If need be, supply a fake base URL (e.g.,
fake:///will/the/core/Android/team/admit/this/is/stupid). A variety of
mysterious behaviors of loadData() all of a sudden start working
sensibly when you use loadDataWithBaseURL(), even with the bogus base URL.

Whether that will clear up this specific problem, I can't say, but I'd
start there.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml