I am trying to develop an app on my Nexus 7 that uses the USB Host function.

In the USB documentation it provides a tip that you can debug with ADB over
TCP/IP so that you don't need to connect the USB to the computer for
debugging.

However I am having trouble with the connection constantly timing out.

Sometimes Eclipse fails to start the debug session. If it does start a
debug session it only lasts 30 seconds before Eclipse starts reporting
dropped packets and the debug session disconnects.

After this it takes a lot of effort to get it working again as ADB says it
is still connected. I usually have to kill the ADB server and restart it.
Plugging in the USB cable also seems to help for some reason.

As you can imagine this is making it impossible to develop a USB Host app.

How do you fix this?

---
"Android Developers" group.