info seems fuzzy on the impact of changing minsdkversion declaration,
particularly in the android docs, where it appears to just limit the number
of phones the app site will allow to download your app. if that was the
case then you'd think everyone would just declare minsdk of 1.

i'm developing on version 14 with minsdk declared of 10 (recently up from
8). my biggest user categories are tablets according to my dashboard.
according to the docs, I need minsdk declaration of 11, among several other
things, for tablets to use my apps.

is this bad information? why can tablets use my app now if 11 is really
needed?

will raising the min to 11 change the executable code, improving the run
time for my games on version 11 and up phones and tablets?

thank you.

---
"Android Developers" group.