Hi,

A strategy I use when the app is likely to collect a lot of (valuable) data
& store it in an sqlite db is to also keep a log of each inserted row or
transaction in separate files.

In my case I create an additional xml file for each db transaction or table
row, if the db file gets corrupted I can recreate & reload it from the log
of individual xml files.

Regards

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 6:48:00 AM UTC+11, Nathan wrote:

> On Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:58:03 PM UTC-8, gjs wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ask the customer if he/she runs some sort of file back up / sync / virus
>> app & maybe ask them to rename the .back to .db & see if that fixes the
>> issue.
>>

>> The issue could be due to any number of things even arising from
>> attempting to copy or sync files via a PC (blame Windows ;-)
>>
>> Those are the things I suspect.
>

>> A general suggestion is to get the app to detect missing db file on
>> startup & recreate it.
>>

> That would work if it were static. If it contains 2GB of valuable customer
> data, that is another story.
>
> Nathan
>

>> On Friday, November 8, 2013 10:01:47 AM UTC+11, Nathan wrote:
>>>
>>> No ideas? I'm completely lost.

---
"Android Developers" group.