Thanks Everyone for the reply. We are stress testing our app. We do it in
all platform and seems like Android has a poor performance(or my
implementation is poor). We do not do any special thing for iOS, but the
all the 20/40K markers are rendered within 5-10 secs. Now I agree that the
A6 chip can have better performance than the Qualcomm ones(i read an
article about how that Samsung will boost its clock speed when it detects
any benchmark apps).
Leaving that aside, I have done everything that the Google IO talked about
memory management, and not sure where I am wrong(or what am missing).

On another note, If say i am using the app for sometime(to create lot of
objects) and then connect the device to DDMS and 'cause  GC', i see that it
works fine, which means that those objects could have been collected. But
the system is not able to collect them automatically. Any ideas?

On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 00:09:29 UTC-5, raj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for ideas to tackle a memory issue that I face with Google
> Maps for Android API v2.
> My application requires loading thousands of markers (20k or 40k etc). In
> testing with 10k markers, i see that the map gets loaded in 20secs, which
> for now is okay.
>
> but the problem is that the user can go back to a different activity and
> return to the map activity(with a filter), at which point i need to load
> say 5k markers(could be different). But this time the GC is called and it
> might take upto 10 mins to load 5k markers.
>
> Can someone provide me some ideas to tackle this? I do need to show all
> markers.
>
> Best,

---
"Android Developers" group.