Let's say I published a paid Android app to Google Play for selling.

Let's say user "A" pays for and installs it. Now user 'A' can extract this
apk from his device and freely distribute it to other users, who will not
have to pay for it anymore.

Hence, as a developer, I lose out. I know the advice to tackle this
situation is to request an online login but, for an application that does
not require web connectivity for its base functionality, this seems to be a
bad practice in terms of usability.

So out of curiosity, why aren't these APKs signed to run for a specific
account prior download ? This is what iTunes does with their IPAs, they are
signed with the relevant Apple ID.

What are the possible reasons for Android / Google to not follow suite ?

---
"Android Developers" group.