My (removed) anti-theft app could get the location of a phone, and take
pictures of anyone who tampered with the phone, but it could not send the
pictures anywhere.

There are LOTS of other apps that can both get the location of the phone,
take pictures (remotely controlled) AND send them somewhere.

Here are a few of the more well known of them:

- Avast Anti-Theft
- Prey Anti Theft
- GotYa Face Trap & Security
- Where's My Droid
- Android Lost

Are they going to be removed to?
Do they violate the "Dangerous Products" section of the Content Policy?

Terry

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:58:41 AM UTC+1, Terry wrote:

> Thank you, Douglas.
>
> Yes, the description you found a link to, is a detailed description of
> what it did.
> It could get the location of a lost or stolen phone, and take a picture of
> anyone who tampered with your phone.
> But there are lots of other apps that does the same, so why was THIS app
> removed?
>
> Terry
>

> On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:24:58 AM UTC+1, Terry wrote:
>>
>> Google has removed my app from the Play Store.
>>
>> Now I would like to know WHY.
>>
>> The Reason for Removal was "Dangerous Product".
>>
>> The app is the free "Theif Face Trap Mini", or TFTM, with
>> id=com.terboel.tftm
>>
>> For those who would have a look at it, it can still be found at various
>> places, e.g. at the 1Mobile Market.
>>
>> Regards, Terry

---
"Android Developers" group.