@Haris..

You would need to store the GCM- Registration Id in the Database(Server
side) so that the Server API/Webservice api/ should able to pick the
Registration Id from the DB and send me message to the correct device
(Based on the registration id).

 here is the way i used it. I have an logistics app where in the Admin
decide the take a load or do a refresh upon receving the GCM Message. The
server db is having a GCM table with the following structure.

RegistrationID | DriverId | Message | Status|.

xxxxxxxxxxx | 2113 | Refresh | 1

The data will be pulled by the HTTP request which inturn send the message
to the device so that Driver get to know that there is a updated data and
it requires to download after downloading the data the APK will update the
status back to 3 so that the HTTP request should not pull the same record.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM, MS <ms.jackspar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Harri Smatt,
>
> Sender Id needs to be in the App to register with GCM server and get the
> GCM ID. I believe you are referring to GCM API key.
>
> We will be encrypting the GCM API Key in our app.
> On top of that we will be using DexGuard to obfuscate the code.
> And more over sending message to GCM is an *HTTPS *call.
> Considering all the above, we think that it should be secure enough.
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply. Do you foresee any other issues?
>
> Varun
>

> On Tuesday, 8 July 2014 22:24:17 UTC+5:30, Harri Smatt wrote:
>

>> On 7 Jul 2014, at 16:38, MS <ms.jack...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are we missing anything by not choosing to push via our own server?
>>
>> Is following such an implementation correct?
>>

>> Guess it works - but isn’t it any concern to you that you need to bundle
>> your Sender Id, usually stored only on 3rd party application server, within
>> the application?
>>
>> And, well, can’t tell how Google reacts once their GCM server gets
>> hammered from millions, if not trillions, different IPs with your Sender Id.
>>
>> —
>>
>  --
> ---
> "Android Developers" group.