Hello Patrick,

Sorry on late reply... last couple of years back i was working on the same
and able to play the Youtube video without using API's.

here is the thing.

First convert the Youtube video with the RTSP url and with the Android
build in player you can play it.

 Yes,i agree the video quality is poor, but we can check that.

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Patrick <patrick.god...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Mukesh,
> As I stated in my first post, I cannot use the Youtube API, because it
> requires the Youtube app installed, and I want to distribute my app on
> platforms where it's not installed (Amazon, Blackberry...).
> I've found how to stream from Youtube in RTSP, but the video quality is
> very bad, unless I missed something.
> The solution with WebView is almost working, except on Android 2.x as I
> explained.
> So I still need a solution that works in all cases.
> Thanks,
> Patrick
>
> Le lundi 25 août 2014 14:01:40 UTC+2, Mukesh Srivastav a écrit :
>
>> Hello Patrick,
>>
>> There are two ways to acheive this.
>>
>> first using the google Android Youtube Api.
>>
>> https://developers.google.com/youtube/android/player/
>>
>>  or
>>
>>  if you are good in rtsp protocol then you can stream the videos of the
>> youtube.
>>
>>  --
> ---
> "Android Developers" group.