On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 11:27:11PM -0700, Nobu Games wrote:
> I'm not sure if that's just a copy & paste error, but you close the
> LinearLayout tag prematurely. So all its attributes including layout_width
> just count as "unexpected text":
>
> <LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"; >
>

> *
> ^
> |
> Here*
>
> You can easily spot these mistakes by running Android's excellent lint
> tool. If you are using Eclipse for development you should see a yellow
> warning triangle show up at that spot.

Seems I lost a chunk of my original post somehow (not sure what happened.
I HAD (before I hit ESC ZZ <RETURN> to send the post to the list) the
error I was getting when I'd do it that way.  Here it is:

   The markup in the document following the root element must be
   well-formed.  /AndGTbrew2/res/layout main.xml  line 4  Android XML
   Format Problem

   error: Error parsing XML: unbound prefix  /AndGTbrew2/res/layout
   main.xml line 2  Android AAPT Problem

Like I said....do it right, Eclipse whines ... satisfy Eclipse, get a
force close...

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

                "sigh, once upon a time T-1 was fast...."
                           --seen in alt.sysadmin.net-abuse.email

---
"Android Developers" group.