On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 01:13:37PM -0800, Ted P wrote:

> On another note, learning to use the debugger is pretty easy, and super
> helpful especially in situations like this

That's ultimately what put me on the right track.  As it turns out, there
is some conflicting information.....  The tables I try to read from don't
exist in the online version of the database (as indicated by an error
message in the debugger) and yet, a query on those tables returns all of
the expected data ... correctly.

The biggest thing I did was, upon seeing a new example, remove the
try/catch for the cursor and replace it with "if (c != null)".  That's
when it started working right, and those tables that don't exist gave
the cursor the exact data that's in them.  :-)

I don't understand the conflicting information, but hopefully that can
get sorted out sooner or later.

As to what code I'm using for the DataBaseHelper class, it's mostly
adapted from this example:
http://www.reigndesign.com/blog/using-your-own-sqlite-database-in-android-applications/

The SQL query itself (just one test one so far) is from many tutorials
with my own limited SQL experience providing the SQL portion.

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0