Hello Rainer,
currently struggling with the same issue and already tried nearly every
possible solution out there (besides using the SupportLoaderManager)
Your solution does not work in my case, after configuration change i still
get no onLoadFinished-callback and therefore the data-field stays empty.
.
I'm using an activity with a single fragment that contains all the
loader-stuff in onActivityCreated (also tried this in other lifecycle
methods), any other solutions found in the meantime? (API 21, Lollipop)
Thanks in advance

Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2013 20:16:41 UTC+2 schrieb Rainer:

> Etienne, your solution is "nearly" correct. This is the working solution
>
> public static <T> void initLoader(final int loaderId, final Bundle args,
> final LoaderCallbacks<T> callbacks,
>         final LoaderManager loaderManager) {
>     final Loader<T> loader = loaderManager.getLoader(loaderId);
>     if (loader != null && loader.isReset()) {
>         loaderManager.restartLoader(loaderId, args, callbacks);
>     } else {
>         loaderManager.initLoader(loaderId, args, callbacks);
>     }}
>

> On Friday, July 27, 2012 12:00:17 AM UTC+2, Etienne wrote:
>>
>> Actually it should be:
>>
>> Loader loader = getLoaderManager().getLoader(-1);
>>     if (loader != null && !loader.isReset()) {
>>       getLoaderManager().restartLoader(-1, null, this);
>>     } else {
>>       getLoaderManager().initLoader(-1, null, this);
>>     }
>>

>> You should only restart the loader if the loader is NOT reset.  So the
>> second condition in the if condition changes to the negated version.  I got
>> this to work for me.
>>

>> On Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:47:58 PM UTC-8, David Wu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I ran into a very similar problem and solved it by replacing the
>>> following line in onActivityCreate()
>>>
>>>     getLoaderManager().initLoader(0, getArguments(), this);

>>>     Loader loader = getLoaderManager().getLoader(0);
>>>     if ( loader != null && loader.isReset() ) {
>>>         getLoaderManager().restartLoader(0, getArguments(), this);
>>>     } else {
>>>         getLoaderManager().initLoader(0, getArguments(), this);
>>>     }
>>>

>>> Not sure if it addresses your problem.  I hope it helps.

>>> there
>>> with
>>> github.com/kaciula/BugRetain

>>> activity