On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM, quakeboy <prasna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanx Stoyan for your input. I have read that post long ago and helped
> me understand.
>
> Just a quick question..
> Is 100ms of sleep okay,
> even if you want to do something like move objects in your game by
> touch and drag action on the screen ?

It depends on your game (you probably don't want to disclose much
information about it) but that's 10 moves/sec. You need to experiment
to see how much sleep is good enough for your game, but I'll give you
this hint that the max move events I've seen before I put the sleeps
were like 70/sec. This means that you if your put your main thread to
sleep ~14 ms after it handles the touch move event you'll still get
the max 70 events/sec.

Cheers,
Stoyan