Hi All,

Its me again. I am adding to my original post here.
Looks like it is permissioning problem.

I have added following lines in the manifest file,

        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
        <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />

Till now, I let Android development studio install the app directly on to
the phone, connected by USB cable. This time I copied the apk file from my
laptop(manually)  to one folder on my phone (Galaxy S3). Then, I clicked on
the apk file ad installed it.
Before installing, the app installer asked "this app does not require any
special permissions, do you want to install ?". Why is this ??
As I have added the entries in the manifest file, I was expecting that,
before installing, Android will ask me about these 2 permissions.

Is there any problem with the build ? Do I need to change any setting in
studio so that, the apk file will pick up the permission information ??

Please help.

On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 4:03:38 PM UTC, NewToAndroid wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am developing a live audio streaming app on Android Studio 1.0.1 and
> testing it on Samsung Galaxy s3 phone (not on emulator).
>
> First I was getting IOException when i was doing setDataSource on media
> player object when using http:// url. I have set the INTERNET permission in
> manifest, still the issue was there (with different implementations of
> setDataSource).
>
> Then I found out that, I need to have Access_network_state set in
> manifest. The moment I set that in manifest, I started getting error
> "neither the user nor current process has access network state
>  permission".
> I have tried writting  access_network_state twice in the manifest (as
> suggested by few google search) and also, I have tried doing clean and
> build of the project.
> Still getting the error "neither user nor process has access_network_state
> " error.
>
> Is this a permission setup issue ??
> when I am deploying the app from my laptop to the phone over a usb cable,
> is it not setting up the network access permissions ?
> After an app is installed on my phone, how can I check, what permissions
> does the app have ??
>
> I am thinking that, either on android studio or in my phone, I might have
> to do some settings so that, the permissions are actually given to the app
> while/after deployment.
>
> Please help. I am on the verge of giving up ....
>
> Thanks in advance.

---
"Android Developers" group.