Hi Hilti,

I am trying to open STK from my app. I have tried your solution above. But
I am unable to open it. Seems like the StkLauncherActivity is not enabled
to be opened from third party apps. I get the following error.

Unable to find explicit activity class
{com.android.stk/com.android.stk.StkLauncherActivity}; have you declared
this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?

Do you have a different approach to achieve this?

Thanks,
Sathya.

On Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 11:38:18 AM UTC-7, hilti wrote:

> Hi Maxwell
>
> The Stk Icon will be removed every time the device boots, see packages/
> apps/Stk/src/com/android/stk/BootCompletedReceiver.java,
> StkAppService.java and StkAppInstaller.java.
>
> You can start the Stk directly (works with HTC Hero):
>
> Intent intent = new Intent();
> intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
> intent.addCategory(Intent.CATEGORY_LAUNCHER);
> intent.setAction(Intent.ACTION_MAIN);
> intent.setComponent(new ComponentName("com.android.stk",
>     "com.android.stk.StkLauncherActivity"));
> startActivity(intent);
>
> Now the Stk Icon is visible in the main menu.
>
> Regards,
> hilti
>
> On Aug 30, 11:55 am, Maxwell <maxwell651...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All
> > Do anybody know how to make theSTKicon available in main menu. Now,
> > I can't see theSTKicon in main menu, even though the RIL has sent
> > the message "RIL_UNSOL_STK_PROACTIVE_COMMAND" about SET UP MENU to
> > upper App layer. And RIL also receive correct terminal response
> > (RIL_REQUEST_STK_SEND_TERMINAL_RESPONSE) from upper App layer.

---
"Android Developers" group.