hey. making an IME for android wear. i've got a few questions before i go
about doing this.

1. i have a keyboard IME already designed and written.. for Android. (i was
told to go ahead and write a normal android IME before using it on android
wear)

2. so, i have this IME and zero idea of where to go next to get it on the
android wear. do i just install to my phone and go into development mode
and enable the IME on the watch? do i add lines of code somewhere to make
it specifically for the android wear?

3. i know for a fact you can use IMEs on the android wear. there's things
everywhere about how to install minuum or whatever and enable input methods
on the watch.. my question, are the keyboards for android wear all
full-blown SMS apps that just have a keyboard in them as part of the app?
do i need to write an SMS app? or will my keyboard just pop up when i hit
reply to a text message popup on the watch? (such as the normal popup from
the standard android messaging app that comes with the phone.. as
currently, hitting reply opens it on the phone, whereas reply with voice
lets you talk to it.) or will it bring up another option to reply with an
IME?

any help is useful. thanks so much. i know those are probably stupid
beginner questions, but i must be overlooking some shred of information
somewhere because i'm unable to answer this myself. any relevant links or
info would be extremely useful. if any more info is needed, just ask.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/8fe2886f-e4f9-49af-be1a-225e8d334a59%40googlegroups.com.