Im following the developer training guide. Im trying to run my hello world
app on an emulator. I follow the directions and I get an error telling me
to download Intel HAXM. But the thing is this laptop has an amd A10
processor. What should I do? For now I know I can side step this problem by
using a pc with an Intel processor or just plugging in a device with
android os but id like to be able to use this laptop without having to have
an android device.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/716d5d28-5bad-47a5-bb25-27a05bb62941%40googlegroups.com.