To: Android Developers <android-developers@googlegroups.com>
From: Hans <hkess...@gmail.com>
Sent by: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Date: 02/13/2009 07:39PM
Subject: [android-developers] Re: Unable to start service Intent error in Client-Server project

Here's the URL: http://www.plugin-factory.com/storage/workspace.zip

There are two projects in it:

    (1)ServiceMonitor - a simple activity that has 3 buttons and a
text view.  One buttons starts and binds to the service, the other
stops and unbinds from the service, the third is a query button that
was used to test some functions of the service that were related to
checking network status (but that's not important now and I erased
that code to keep it clearer.)

    (2)TestService - an out of process service that exposes two
interfaces (there are 3 AIDL files in the project, one for each
interface, and another interface that exposes the callback mechanism
to interested clients), the first interface allows you to register/
unregister for callbacks, the second is just a test interface to show
you can expose multiple interfaces and on a service and bind to the
ones you want.

That's pretty much it.

The ServiceMonitor project imports from the TestService in order to
use the interfaces, and the TestService project manifest specifies a
global service reference name of "TEST_SERVICE" and also denotes that
the service runs in its own process.

    Hope this helps :).

    Hans