I have an AutoCompleteTextView working correctly. I want to limit the
amount of items which show in the drop down menu which appears (in
order to stop the menu appearing over other screen items). I cannot
find the attribute I have to change for this anywhere. My
AutoCompleteTextView is bound to a custom TextView defined as follows:

<drop.xml>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<TextView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
 android:id="@android:id/text1"
        style="android:R.style.Widget_ListView_DropDown"
        android:paddingTop="2dip"
        android:paddingBottom="3dip"
        android:textColor="#000"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

 ArrayAdapter<String> adapter = new ArrayAdapter<String>(this,
                R.layout.drop, CONTACTS);