On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Matan <dev.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone please point me at the source code area/s responsible for text
> corrections/suggestions used by Android for text input fields?

Allow me to teach you how to fish.
You're interested in text correction / suggestions, which means you're
likely looking at an EditText
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/EditText.html> which
extends TextView
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/TextView.html> which
uses an AutoCorrect input type
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/text/InputType.html#TYPE_TEXT_FLAG_AUTO_CORRECT>
to enable the auto-correcting functionality. So just jump to the source for
each of those and see where they lead you.

Is it also possible for an application to provide any options or parameters
> for automated suggestions/corrections, for specific input fields hosted by
> it?

See above for auto correct flag, and auto suggest
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/text/InputType.html#TYPE_TEXT_FLAG_AUTO_COMPLETE>
as well.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/CANCScgi-ZVmko%2Bf6bqyonPou%3DUAOD7Y3uOSUAP5C%3DUSsVT%2Bu%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.