But isn't the MEDIA_BUTTON intent useless, anyway? I tried to hook to
it, to absolutely no avail. After trying around for a couple of hours,
I decided to compare my source/manifest to the android "Music" source
- then I realized that the receiver class "MediaButtonIntentReceiver"
within the "Music" package issues an "abortBroadcast" after it has
handled the MEDIA_BUTTON intent, rendering it useless for all other
applications as long as the "Music" package is installed. Personally,
I think this is extremely annoying (as you don't have the choice
whether to enable the Media Button for the music player or not),
especially when you're trying to find out why your app isn't working
as expected for quite some time just to realize that another (system)
app is intercepting the broadcast without making it bubble through all
the applications installed on the system.