DrawerLayout is often shown containing a NavigationView that is linked with
a Menu definition.

Is it reasonable to put an ExpandableList in the DrawerLayout instead of a
Nav. View?  I like the idea of having a customized two-level menu in the
drawer.

Will this work?  Do I need to set anything in particular or use the Ex.
List in a way other than it being the content directly in DrawerLayout?

I'm going Expand. List, not just because of the two-level feature, but
because I can customize content. I'm looking to dynamically throw in some
extra icons in "menu" items and feel that is not really something I could
do with a Menu definition.  For example, How would I define my custom Views
in a Menu row and how would I update them?  Meanwhile, ExpandableList, has
a method in ExpandableList.getChildView and .getGroupView to define
whatever I want in the two types of rows.

I might reconsider just using a menu if I had full control over the layout
of a menu entry.

Comments and suggestions for ExpandableList in a DrawerLayout appreciated.

Thanks,
-P

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/CAFR9p%3DNkiNi1wOmzojTam-pdNUzjadPVkdTTWQUYG6jzAtopaQ%40mail.gmail.com.