Hi,
Thnx  for  replying.
Its calling onPause() method of second activity but its not calling
onResume() of first activity. why it is so??
This is my code for calling next activity

protected void onListItemClick(ListView l, View v, int position, long
id) {
                super.onListItemClick(l, v, position, id);
                Intent i = new Intent(this,WebViewData.class);
                //int clickedposition=(mypos-15) + position;
                int clickedposition=(15 * clicks) + position;

                i.putExtra("position",clickedposition);
                i.putExtra("tablerequired",tableRequired);
                startActivity(i);
            }

i am not using finish() in my second activity because if i call finish
() then its just going in that activity  and coming back in previous
activity, not displaying the details of second activity.

and another thing is,,

In my onResume() of first activity i am calling on function which
displays the employee list using setListAdapter(new IconicAdapter
(MoreData.this))..where  i am overriding getView() method.

as i m just displaying the details of  employees in my second
activity, there’s nothing(any field or variable or anything) which is
related to previous activity which i can save in onPause() of second
activity.
what should i write in my onPause() method of second activity.
I had a look at Notepadv3 Application of google,,they are saving
mRowID and inserting or updating data.i am not doing anything like
this,,i m just displaying information..then what should i write in my
onPause().

As i am  new to android, may be i misunderstood some concepts, please
help me!!!
Thnx in advance,