*1.*  I just installed the latest version of Android Studio (2.1.1) on my
PC (Win 7) and I'm learning how to use it. One thing all the other IDE's
I've used (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc) have is a window that lists
the compiler errors and warnings and you can click on the items and it
takes you to them in the source editor.      The only place I've found in
Android Studio that shows errors and warnings is the Gradle Console but
warnings and errors are embedded in lots of other Gradle output and you
can't click on them to be taken to the source code in an editor.   Does
Android Studio have a compiler output panel that links to the source?

*2.*   Does Android Studio have a GUI for setting the things that go in
*.gradle* files or does everything have to be done by hand-editing? If the
latter, does Android Studio have a *gradle*-aware source editor that can
flag syntax errors, etc?

Thanks in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/2dffffba-147e-410b-b4c4-6c7eef77f42e%40googlegroups.com.