Hi all,

I am developing a lock screen application, which is an alternative for the
factory lock. There are some similar applications on the Play Store, so it
doesn’t seem to be impossible to solve my issue.

I successfully created a view with layoutinflater that covers the full
screen, but it also covers the phone calls, alarms, etc, what is
embarrassing. Currently I do this with the windowManager like this:

View.*inflate*(*this*, R.layout.*main*, main_frame);
WindowManager.LayoutParams localLayoutParams = *new *
WindowManager.LayoutParams(
        WindowManager.LayoutParams.*TYPE_SYSTEM_ERROR*,
        WindowManager.LayoutParams.*FLAG_NOT_FOCUSABLE *|
                WindowManager.LayoutParams.*FLAG_NOT_TOUCH_MODAL *|
                WindowManager.LayoutParams.*FLAG_LAYOUT_IN_SCREEN*,
        PixelFormat.*TRANSPARENT*);
*final *WindowManager winManager = (WindowManager) getSystemService(
*WINDOW_SERVICE*);
winManager.addView(main_frame, localLayoutParams);

As you can see, I use TYPE_SYSTEM_ERROR in the code, which works perfectly
excepting this issue. The other applications might use TYPE_KEYGUARD or
TYPE_KEYGUARD_DIALOG, but it throws a security exception for me. I’m unable
to set a permission that enables me to use this feature. What should I do
to enable it, or how can I set the z-index of the view manually?

Furthermore, on some device I can disable the factory lock manually, which
is great, but not every device supports the “no lock screen” mode, just the
“slide” option, which shows me the factory lock screen, so I have to
disable it programmatically.

I tried it using the KeyguardManager and was able to disable the factory
locker. When I unlocked the phone with my application and pressed the app
overview button then the home button, the screen turned black and the
device became unusable.

This is a known issue on the bug list, so I know this is a system problem.
Are there any other solution that enables me or the user to remove the
factory lock screen on any device?

Looking forward for your answers,

Jonathan Pethő

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/b89069ae-1343-4259-9dd3-d65b8a5e494a%40googlegroups.com.