Ok, maybe I missed this along the way (or heard comments of this and
couldn't believe it to be true), but this statement seems clear in the
"Setting the price of applications" section:

"If you have previously published an application for free, you cannot
change it to have a price."

This seems to mean that any app that has been in the Market up to this
point that plans on charging a price now will have to re-package
itself as a new application.  If the app contains a database or other
private data not accessible to other apps, I suppose that means we
will have to release ANOTHER version of the FREE app that includes
some kind of support for exporting data, then have the user download/
install this version and run it IN ADDITION TO the new paid version if
they want to migrate their data to the new paid version?  This seems
like a major headache for users and developers alike.

Am I reading this correctly?