To be more clear, I would like to install a non-market application on the
Work Profile. But as I can't download and write the APK in a public storage
available from all applications in the Work Profile, this following code
will fail as either I can't write the APK in a public storage or the
following intent doesn't have the right to read the file in the private
storage of the application:

Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
intent.setDataAndType(APKFile,
        "application/vnd.android.package-archive");
intent.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
startActivity(intent);

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/28a4edbf-d27b-4e6b-b0f0-877be6d322d5%40googlegroups.com.