Android introduced a CalendarView back in in API 11. I've implemented it in
my app and it seems to work fine in the sense that it displays a perfectly
normal-looking whole-month calendar and I can select a date and it triggers
the appropriate event and I can read the selected date in my code with no
problem.

[image: screen shot of my CalendarView] <http://i.stack.imgur.com/8nh9V.jpg>

*But* I can't advance it out of the current month! The documentation says

*A user can select a date by taping on it and can scroll and fling the
calendar to a desired date.*

(the "taping" appears in the documentation; I assume it's a typo for
"tapping" )

I've tried flinging, swiping, scrolling and nothing happens. Is there
something I need to do to enable this feature?

My XML looks like this:

<CalendarViewandroid:id="@+id/calendarView"android:layout_width="match_parent"android:layout_height="240dp"
 />

How can I scroll or fling to other dates, as the documentation says?
Thanks in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/729b8c96-5620-4cd6-ad51-637776c33ba6%40googlegroups.com.