Good night!

I'm studying the Bluetooth API and I'm facing a problem when trying to
connect and pair to bluetooth devices. After a lot of research, I've found
that after Jelly Bean, bluetooth doesn't work the same way and I've found
the following code that could overcome the pairing problem:

Method m = device.getClass().getMethod("createRfcommSocket", int.class);
socket = (BluetoothSocket)m.invoke(device, 1);

Now, have last the connection problem. The problem comes when I call
socket.connect(). It throws the following exception: "java.io.IOException:
read failed, socket might closed or timeout, read ret: -1”.

OBS: App tested in android KitKat (4.4) and Lollipop (5.1), besides a
shield Bluetooth for arduino.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/78ff1764-c4dd-4e78-8f3d-b4f99f866419%40googlegroups.com.