Hi
I wrote the following kernel to label a 2-D matrix/image with its 1-D
index. In an earlier build I had written code for 1-indexing, which I
updated later on to 0-indexing as follows.

int __attribute__((kernel)) ccl_initlabel(uint32_t x, uint32_t y) {

    int x_ = (int)x;

    int y_ = (int)y;

    int width = (int)rsAllocationGetDimX(inp);

    int height = (int)rsAllocationGetDimY(inp);

    int index = y_ * width + x_;                       // in an earlier
version, it was 1 indexed

    return 0;

    int flag = (int)step(1.0f, (float)rsGetElementAt_uchar(inp,x_,y_));

    return (index*(1-flag) - flag);

}

I call this kernel on 2 different allocations one after the other like this:

sc_ebab->forEach_ccl_initlabel(LAlloc); // call 1
sc_ebab->forEach_ccl_initlabel(RAlloc); // call 2

When I updated the code from 1-indexing to 0-indexing, the behaviour of
call 1 got updated but not of call 2. Interestingly this kind of sticky
behaviour of 2nd call is visible only when the app reinstalled without
uninstalling (If I uninstall manually and then install the updated build
both calls' behaviour is updated). What could be the possible reason?

*Note: I am working on Nexus 6*

Regards
Ruppesh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/6ad09a54-dfd7-4f46-8d12-b397f3d327a4%40googlegroups.com.