I'm new to Android. I'm designing a mobile game that uses the phone camera.
One of the key features of my app will be recording a live video feed from
the camera with an animated overlay.

Some examples of apps that already do this:

   - Snapchat
   - various dash cam apps
   - like this one:
   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.busywww.dashboardcam
   - etc

I'm researching which platforms would be best for this task?

   - Native Android Platform
   - Unity3D
   - LibGDX
   - or something else?

I've read that Android Camera2 API is limited to Lollipop or higher and
that Android Camera API is being deprecated. I also asked the author of
CWAC-2 and he said that it's not possible with his library.

Thank you!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/2b080050-0d03-487e-a899-72a38b68805f%40googlegroups.com.