The announcement of Android 1.1 has been made, and I am eager to move
forward.

However I believe my Android Dev Phone 1 has an older version (than
RC30) on it when it arrived and the upgrade fails when I use the
upgrade to RC33-from-RC30 zip file.

Fortunately the upgrade rolls back and leaves the phone fully
operable. So I can keep working with v1.0_r2

Here's some info:

  Firmware version:  1.0
  Baseband version: 62.33.20.08H_1.22.12.29
  Build number:        dream_devphone-userdebug 1.0 UNLOCKED 116222
test-keys

I'd like to ask the Android team to take the time to gather the the
information and zip files to enable someone to upgrade their ADP1s
from the version delivered with the phone all the way to RC33 and post
the zips and an "official" HOW-TO so some of us can catch up.

As a model I'd like to suggest the many linux sites (Ubuntu comes to
mind) that post various versions of their software along with
information on the proper upgrade path to get from early versions to
the current one. Once the first official definitive HOW-TO is built it
is much easier to add information for other upgrades to come.

Even with the short time I've been working with it, I am truly amazed
at all the stuff packed into the G-1 and the android system. I'm
really impressed, and I have a lot of ideas, but I need some help to
catch up with the group. I am sure there are other folks joining
development now that could use similar help.

Thanks,   JLMG