Hi all,

I'm absolutely a newbie in Android development and I need to realize
something like this:

https://s11.postimg.org/640wnbd3n/image.png
https://s15.postimg.org/hnvo32kd7/image.png

Basically it is a side screen that comes from right clicking on the icon in
the upper right icon and partially overlaps the current Activit showing a
list of connected users (if you are logged in) or otherwise it shows
another layer on top with the login form.

I tried using both a DrawerLayout and even NavigationDrawer but I did not
succeed in neither case. Probably just wrong approach.
Do you have any suggestions and / or example to follow?

And I have also a doubt about using the drawer, because it seems every
drawer has just a list inside. I didn't see an example with something else
inside.

Thank you very much in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/06e61395-5845-484e-b8e9-5995ad951450%40googlegroups.com.