Hello all,

My first post here, so I hope this is not off-topic.

I am developing an app in which I am discovering that I need to get the
equivalent functionality of database transactions out of in-memory objects.
 Now some of those objects are backed by a database, but some are
non-persistent data that still need to be incorporated into the
transactions.  An example would be a transaction in which a series of
database-backed objects have values change based on the UI state, and the
UI state has to then change to reflect those changes - but at any point
along the way, the changes being performed can be "denied" and force a
rollback of the entire transaction.

This is .. not quite easy, but at least easy to understand if everything
were backed by the database.  But does Android provide any way to get
similar transactional functionality out of non-database objects?  For
example, does Android include the Java Transaction API and an
implementation of a Transaction Manager for that API?

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
- Johnson

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/cdc2e2f3-962b-463f-8e53-f3ea5841e73f%40googlegroups.com.