AsyncPlayer is just a helper class on top of MediaPlayer. It is not
going to help you with gapless playback.

I can see how the statement "Plays a series of audio URIs" is causing
confusion. It does not maintain a list of URI's to play. It just plays
a file until it reaches the end or it is told to play something else.