Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your time.
I am currently working on a small project for exploring various new input
paradigms for text entry.
I am hoping to pass MotionEvents (Touch and Hover using Saumsung Airview)
from a top level SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW to any view that is below it to
simulate touch events, in particular to any Soft Keyboards that appear
underneath it. I'm led to believe so far that this is essentially not
possible normally, but the project in question is purely exploratory and
will only be running on one phone. Rooted, or any other unconventional
solutions are more than welcome, appreciate any direction, I'm really
starting to hit a wall!

Kind Regards,

Garry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/394fbda3-3834-4778-b612-6eb43ffc6a71%40googlegroups.com.