Hello,

I am planning to have two versions of the same app available in the
market - let's say "App-Lite" and "App-Advanced". They both almost the
same core functionality, but App-Advanced has a bit more specific
features, than the App-Lite has.

Now I am thinking what would be the strategy of deploying those two
apps in the market.

The simple way is to provide different namespace in
AndroidManifest.xml for both apps, so "App-Lite" and "App-Advanced"
would show up as two completely different applications and could be
installed parallel on the same device.

But I'm also thinking about another way of installing the App-Advanced
version - like an upgrade to the App-Lite which might be already
installed. To do this, I can just set the same namespace for both app
in AndroidManifest.xml, so after installing one app would replace the
other one - I can do this from adb command line, but I'm not sure how
android market would behave in this case. Will it show them as two
different apps, will it show them as two different versions of the
same app with the ability to upgrade from one version to another, or
it just will not allow to publish two apps with the same namespace? Is
this scenario doable with Android Market?