Hello,
I had an app on Play Store and it was running fairly okay. Free app, no
ads, I just wanted to see a user base being built. I had just published
this app 2 months ago. So on 29 October, 2016, a popular app, of the same
type, which didn't look good at all and was buggy got updated and it was a
clone of my app with ads and stuff. My app barely crossed a 1000 downloads
while he already had a userbase of 100,000 downloads. So I reported this to
google and inturn google suspended my app for impersonation. I had
published some code and github and that person use it to clone my app. I
don't want to take down his app, but it doesn't mean my app, which had
everything original should be removed for impersonation. Also, app has no
images and I created the icon from scratch and I know it has no copyright
issues.

I really don't know what to do. I've filed a report but I've received no
reply so far. My hopes are really down. All my original work, and it got
suspended because some popular app cloned mine.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/0ff3b63e-c5ba-42df-a51b-29206de87ccd%40googlegroups.com.