Hello there,
I have an app which connects perfectly with our IIS services on all SDK
versions <24.
When installed on Pixel phone, it doesn't want to connect with same
services. I checked changes to Android N related with network security and
it looks that those changes affects network behavior.
I followed instructions on google here
<https://developer.android.com/training/articles/security-config.html?hl=he>but
I'm not 100% sure it works for me. So the first question is:
1. If correctly implemented network_security_config.xml with certs issued
for my website, do I need any code changes when using ksoap2 or it will
just work?
Version used in current app is
app/libs/ksoap2-android-assembly-3.0.0-RC.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar I
know is old but works perfectly so far.
2. Are there any changes in current versions of ksoap2 which possibly
affects network connection on Pixel phone? Should I update it?

Now I have this error javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Connection
closed by peer .
I'm not sure how properly embed cert in my app. I'm using GoDaddy certs and
there are only *.cer certs available and Google mention about PEM and DER
formats.
3. If anybody could point me how to properly embed certs, that would be
great. I found https://blog.sagaoftherealms.net/?p=578 procedure to embed
certs but on linux and I'm on windows platform.
Just a while ago I exported certs using Chrome export cert (DER encoded
binary X.509 cer) when browsing our page, embedded in app under res/raw but
I got this message Caused by:
android.security.net.config.XmlConfigSource$ParserException: Unknown
certificates src. Should be one of system|user|@resourceVal at: Binary XML
file line #13 so I belive it is in the wrong format.
4. Is it a big difference when I refer to sources using @ (at) char at the
beginning? For some reason when I use @ system can't recognize this
resource, but when I remove it, it works.

I would be very appreciated for any help. I'm not Java Android developer
but I need to fix this quickly,
Thanks in advance! :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/b6e600d5-e83e-4626-8484-cec8874a84f4%40googlegroups.com.