>   To follow up on this question, if the list is really big, so big that
> even 'what's needed to fill the screen with data' takes enougth time to
> generate a timeout, what to do?

There is no way that a properly written adapter would timeout to fill
the screen. The timeout is set to *5 seconds.* You are doing something
very wrong in your app and you should profile it to see what's going
on.

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on