After developing with AS for over a year,  the IDE became very unresponsive.
Just setting the cursor in a line of code I'd have to wait 3 or 4 seconds until
I could type anything. Background tasks,  like build, were unaffected. All
other apps on my PC were normal. So, I uninstalled AS,  and deleted all
associated folders and re-installed v 2.2. On the initial run I'm asked to
enter Proxy info. I'm not connected to a proxy server,  but I cannot get past
this step. The original install never asked for this info. So what the heck is
going on? Any advice appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/d9af42f4-768d-4169-8bdc-293322a597a5%40googlegroups.com.