I am trying to setup an elastic, automatically provisioned continuous
integration environment for building Android applications for my
organization.  I am having trouble, however, because of the Android SDK's
requirement to accept licenses in an interactive manner.  I want to use the
new sdkmanager command line tool, but I cannot find any documentation about
when and which dependencies will require a license to be accepted for any
given project.  I also do not know how I might map a particular project's
Gradle dependencies to an SDK package.  Further complicating the experience
is that I cannot find a way to make the sdkmanager tool display complete
package names, as many of the names given by sdkmanager --list are
truncated with ellipses.  I have not turned up much in the way of solutions
either by Google search or browsing the Android developer website.  There
is an Android Puppet module <https://github.com/maestrodev/puppet-android>
that tries to accomplish this task, but it still uses the old android
script in the SDK's tools directory, and has not been updated in a while.
 By cursory investigation, Travis CI appears to work similarly
<https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-cookbooks/blob/64ff883360f3d265b87c072a07f78e9ef0a874fb/community-cookbooks/android-sdk/recipes/default.rb>.

 Is this the best method we have?  Is there no other provision made and
endorsed by the Android Team to facilitate the goal of building apps in a
dynamically provisioned CI environment?  This seems to be a very big hole
in the Android development experience.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Robert

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/4fefa7d6-9aac-4062-bce4-2d97eda33734%40googlegroups.com.