<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N8tAM8Y4zQ4/WbZ7SNsiy0I/AAAAAAAA3FA/IkNrwOoPV38SbyrbFGme9cPpGv9AmviIgCLcBGAs/s1600/Selection_029.png>
Hi there,

I've been using third party services for crash reporting so far, but for
several reasons I've quit doing so. Among them, it seems the Google
Developer console has improved a lot lately and seems reliable for this
without needing of third party software.

Nonetheless, I released my first app version that does not use a third
party crash reporting tool, but looking at the crash reports at the
developer console things seem quite weird.

For one part, there are these "or" there which meaning I don't understand.
For example:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wn8M3FgBXtI/WbZ67WH-ZtI/AAAAAAAA3E8/3HKCsZIvhAgDa5VpNZSIEqsfH8WltYIFQCLcBGAs/s1600/Selection_028.png>

And on the other hand, exceptions does not include any description even
when in the code it is set. For example, I get this crash report:
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N8tAM8Y4zQ4/WbZ7SNsiy0I/AAAAAAAA3FA/IkNrwOoPV38SbyrbFGme9cPpGv9AmviIgCLcBGAs/s1600/Selection_029.png>

But in the referenced
com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.handleAsyncLoader method, such
exception is accompanied with an explanation like these:

throw new GdxRuntimeException("Couldn't load dependencies of asset: " +
> assetDesc.fileName, e);

throw new GdxRuntimeException("Couldn't load asset: " + assetDesc.fileName,
> e);

Without that information it is really hard to know what's happening there.

BTW, I'm just adding Firebase crash to my app that I think it would help to
get more detailed information, or at least I'll be able to put some log
details with valuable information before the crash places. Nonetheless, I'm
still curious about why these stacks are shown this way on Google Developer
console.

Thanks in advance,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/8acddef4-932f-4b70-a715-c53d7715adb8%40googlegroups.com.