You are in (or near) fastboot mode.  The only way I know of to get there is
to boot the phone while holding down the camera button.  I don't see how to
do that by accident. I'm guessing you deliberately did this.  I did the same
stupid thing yesterday.

It is my understanding that you need to get the fastboot program, plug your
device into your computer and run 'fastboot reboot' to reboot your phone.
The problem I had was the only way I could get a copy of fastboot was to
recompile the entire Android OS.  What a PITA!

So, by the time I was done doing that (several hours), the battery had died
in my dev phone.  When I turned it back on, it was normal!

So, I suggest you let the battery drain and see if that helps.  If not,
recompile the OS to get the fastboot exe.  If you're running 32-bit CentOS
5, I could send you the one I built (but never used) yesterday.

If you need more help, I suggest you head over to the android-internals
group.  Those guys deal with this stuff all the time.

--

Faber Fedor
Linux New Jersey